16 August 2006

Mom...


Here she is, Mom, with a smile, a sausage roll (check out the bangs) and her Bentley's Bawbar & More, Islamorada, Florida t-shirt. I laugh when I think of that little sausage roll. My sister and I did her hair for the viewing after she died. Well it was hard, her hair never cooperated well in life, why would it for her final appearance, but Wendy and I were able to get the little sausage roll to make its final appearance.

My aunt in pink, with mom, had come up for part of the day with two of her children, well young adult and adult children. It was a belated gathering for Christmas (early January), impromptu due to a lovely break in the weather.


Family was always important to mom, she loved completely and utterly unconditionally. I am just not so sure if she knew how much she was the glue to the different personalities within our family.


Mom was the sounding board who would listen patiently, give advice with or without solicitation... that's what mom's do, but mostly she would just love and talk me through my own throughts at times. She was my biggest cheerleader and greatest fan.

I miss Mom a lot, but I know in that fact, I am not alone. Anyone who knew Mom and loved her, is missing her now. One life leaves such a huge hole.

No comments: