12 January 2006

A project for myself

As any one who has ever done artwork or hand work of some kind knows, something for yourself is always last on the list of projects to do, let alone complete. This is a project I decided to do for me, take it 6 months or 6 years to complete (*gasp* I hope not).

I am working on it as a 'crochet-along' at Crochetville.org. The pattern is called "Scripture Afghan - 24 pattern stitches inspired by the Bible". I've only gotten about 9.5 squares done (of my 121 needed to fit my bed). Below is just a sampling of those squares (i.e. the ones I could get pics of so far).

Block 1 - Honeycomb

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healthy to the bones." Proverbs 16:24


Block 2 - Crosses

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross." Acts 5:30


Block 15 - Flame

"And after forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning thorn bush." Acts 7:30


Block 22 - Angel

"For He will give His angels charge conserning you, to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11


A couple of the blocks were a slight challenge, like #5, the star stitch. Having never done it, it got the best of me for a few half blocks and half block rip-outs.

My goal is to get this afghan whipped by the end of 2006. It may seem a long time to get this done, but that's just to think as if this were all I do for my crochet/knitting/craft work. Let's not forget the 2 shawls, granny square a month (actually 2) and then any babies born, birthdays that need presents and holidays that will come up. Oh and then warm weather, which always makes me step aside the larger projects and any projects at times for the warmer weather.

No comments: