17 January 2006

In memory of Garry

A little bit earlier tonight I found out that my friend who was in the accident last month, went home to the Lord last night. Having a friend die is a mixture of joy and sorrow, especially Garry. Garry is in the best place there ever could be, in God's presence. Garry was such a Godly man. He reflected God so very much. What Garry has gained in going Home, we have lost here.

Garry always had a smile on his face, joy in his heart and a joke or several that easily rolled off his tongue. Even while he when he endured twenty some years on dialysis waiting for a kidney and then even more joy and so much thanks when he received one on Christmas eve a few years back.

I met Garry in the drama troupe at church. I can just imagine Garry now, in the presence of God and he's probably got some joke or mime he's performing. God blessed Garry with a lot of talent and a huge heart. The drama troupe will not be the same without him, for he truly blessed me, he truly blessed us all. And like the 'brother' in Christ that he was to me, he teased me so much... I will miss that too.

God will have to find a way to heal the hurt that is there from the loss, for no one could replace. I wouldn't even want that.

Okay Garry, I'll see you in a 'little while' behave will ya!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You're right, it's painful to lose loved ones, but at the same time it's comforting to know they aren't suffering. Keep your faith, hon. I'll be praying for his family, and for you.