09 January 2006

Imagine walking into a home and seeing this guy. He's just a snarling at you, as if at any moment he would chase you and have you for dinner. However, Ernie is dead and has been mounted (psssst... those are false teeth).

Of course it wouldn't be such a strange sight if I said it was also a taxidermist shop, now would it. Ernie is a black bear that was shot and mounted by mom's boyfriend. He has become a member of the family, he wears hats, santa hats and even once after a hawaiian themed wedding he wore a lei for a while. Infact to take this picture, I had to remove a Christmas ornament that was dangling from his lower right tooth. I just didn't think he would be taken seriously with a santa hanging there.

There is no rhyme or reason as to why I am introducing Ernie here, other than I wanted to test my new digital camera and Ernie was a captive audience you might say.

And now that I have a digital camera, I suspect I will be posting more pictures.... especially to share some of my crafting, mostly crochet at this time.

No comments: