30 November 2005

so many, so little and not enough

Christmas is fast approaching....

It is so easy to get caught up in Christmas as most people see it... Christmas trees, presents, food, family, parties... too much of them all! Each year it seems harder and harder to keep the right focus, Christ is the reason for Christmas. God's love for all mankind. There are those who don't believe that December 25th is the actual birth date of Jesus. To me it matters not all that much, it has become the traditional date for the celebration. That's the point, that's what matters, the celebration of the best gift that could have ever been given.... Jesus into this world. Happy Birthday Jesus!

I find myself getting caught up in the making of my presents. I love to make my gifts and each year most of my family get something hand made. It always seems that there are so many projects, so little time and not enough hands to get them done, but some how I manage to get them all done... even if it means wrapping an empty box and finishing up the project in front of the recipent. :) That's so much fun.

This year as I shopped the "traditional" first big shopping day of the season. I was looking for wrapping paper. I always try to find something with a bit of a Christian focus, such as the nativity. The two stores I looked in, neither one had any, not one roll that wasn't santa or snowmen or some cutsie holiday (note, not Christmas) theme, not even the one store that was founded on Christian principles, my favorite hobby and craft store. I was disappointed, but I will not give up, it is early yet.

It is my deepest hope that this year, although fingers and hands may be flying to comnplete all the crochting, knitting and stitching, I hope that I remember the right focus of Christmas.

No comments: